Vacuum Arc Sources
The plasma vacuum arc sources found an effective application basically in deposition of hardening coatings. The main drawback of the evaporators having a cathode of a coaxial form is the presence of a drop phase and a limited in size effective operational zone of deposition which does not allow to produce coatings on large dimension products and to use these evaporators for anti-corrosion and decorative coatings.
The sectional planar vacuum arc sources with a cathode having a rectangular form do not only provide deposition of coatings on large areas but, in comparison with the evaporators with a cathode having a coaxial form, practically exclude a drop phase. The length of the effective operational zone of deposition of such evaporators is 0,9 of the height (length) of the side surface of a vacuum chamber.
Specifications of the vacuum arc sources
- Section dimensions, mm:
- length - to 300,
- width - to 200,
- height - to 40,
- number of sections - 1-5.
- Operational zone dimensions, mm:
- length - to 450 (per one section),
- length width - to 350 (per one section).
- Operation current, A - (50-300).
Along with planar can be manufactured coaxial and line sources
- The size of the cathode, mm:
- for coaxial, diameter 60-200,
- for linear, diameter 40-150,
- length - up to 3000.